....in celebration of neurodiversity

Tuesday 19 April 2011

What does TS feel like? An on-screen depiction

Perhaps one of the best descriptions, that gives some sense of how Tourette's feels to the individual, is one from a dramatisation: some lines spoken by the character 'Phoebe' a young girl who has Tourette Syndrome with strong obsessive and compulsive features, in the film 'Phoebe in Wonderland.'


Phoebe is sitting on the flat roof area of the school with a fellow pupil:

Phoebe: "Sometimes, I get this feeling. This feeling to jump off a roof."

Friend: "You want to die?"

Phoebe: "No. It's what I feel like all the time, with the things I do.

I know I shouldn't, but I can't help it. It's like being on the edge of a roof all the time."

Copyright: Phoebe in Wonderland, LLC.

No comments:

Post a Comment